Friday market highlights: The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s negativity and ended on a negative note for the last trading day of the week. The Friday session was mainly dragged by losses in banks, FMCG stocks, and auto sectors. The Sensex stopped at, 39,614 points, with a loss of 136 points, lower than the previous trading day while Nifty closed at 11,642 points with a loss of 28 points. During the last trading day (Thursday), the Sensex closed 173 points lower to trade at 39,749.85 points, while the Nifty lost 59 points and finally closed at 11,670.80 points.
Key highlights from Friday’s market session:
- The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s negativity and ended on a negative note for the last trading day of the week. The Friday session was mainly dragged by losses in banks, FMCG stocks, and auto sectors.
- The market ended at nearly 1-month lows because of weak global cues.
- During the session, Sensex moved down by 136 points to finally stand at 39,614 points.
- During the session, Nifty moved down by 28 points to finally stand at 11,642 points.
- Nifty Bank traded below 24,000 points.
- Nifty Bank moved down by 191 points to finally stand at 23,901 points.
- During the session Midcap index turned on the positive side for the month. It moved up by 93 points to finally stand at 17,067 points.
- Top Nifty loser: Bharti Airtel
- Bharti Airtel went down by 4 percent.
- Auto sector companies went down ahead of October sales. Hero MotoCorp, Eicher Motors & Maruti Suzuki stood among the list of top losers.
- ICICI Bank went down by 2 percent.
- Dixon Tech’s traded in the green as its second-quarter net profit stood at Rs. 52.4 crores with a rise of up 21.7 percent YoY. The revenue collection by the company moved up by 17 percent to Rs. 1,638.7 crores.
- Bitcoin (BTC) price moved to $13,600 from $12,920 within 4 hours after the European Central Bank (ECB) said it might seek a new stimulus package in the month of December.