On Monday the domestic equity indices ended off day’s high with gains. Nifty 50 indexes rise by 25 points or 0.25 per cent to settle at 10,167 points. While BSE Sensex fell down by 558 points from the day’s high, and finally landed at 83 points or 0.24 per cent at 34,370.
18 Sensex stocks finished their trade in the positive territory out of the 30 Sensex stocks. Among them, IndusInd Bank was on the top of the list as top Sensex gainer, with the growth of 7 per cent, followed by Axis Bank, Bajaj Finance, ONGC, and Titan Company. On the other hand, M&M was the top Sensex laggard down with 2.73 per cent followed by UltraTech Cement, HDFC Bank, Tata Steel, Nestle India, and ITC.
However, Nifty 50 indices traded in a mixed pattern. Nifty IT index jumped up by 1.83 per cent by gains in Just Dial, Hexaware, Wipro, and Infosys. While Nifty Pharma slipped down by 1.41 per cent by Piramal Enterprises, Cipla, Divi’s Laboratories.
on Sunday Reliance Jio announced that a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) will invest Rs 5,683.50 crore for a 1.16% equity stake in Jio Platforms. The transaction values Jio Platforms at an equity value of Rs 4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of Rs 5.16 lakh crore.
Here are the key highlights from Monday’s trading session:
- Sensex and Nifty slip nearly 2% from highs to close Monday trade with minor gains
- HDFC Twins, Reliance & ITC drag market while Infosys, Axis Bank, and Bajaj Finance support
- Sensex falls 557 points from highs to close 83 points higher at 34,371
- Nifty fails to hold 100-DMA, slips 161 points from highs to end 25 points higher at 10,167
- Nifty Bank drops 620 points from highs to close 153 points higher at 21,187
- Midcap Index ends 65 points higher at 14,223; market breadth favors advances
- IndusInd Bank amongst top Nifty gainers on promoters’ plan to buy additional shares
- Most PSU companies end higher; BPCL, GAIL, ONGC, HPCL, IOCL, Oil India top gainers
- Zee Entertainment, Shree Cement, Eicher Motors, M&M, Bharti Infratel, Cipla top Nifty losers
- In the aviation space, SpiceJet surges 10% while IndiGo slips 6%
- Vodafone Idea continues to move higher, doubles in one week
- Indiabulls gains more than 14% to close at nearly 3-month high
- AstraZeneca at a 52-week high on parent company’s plan for a merger with Gilead Sciences
- Abbott India slips 3% after reporting weak January-March earnings YoY