Market Highlights: The Sensex and Nifty discontinued their last day’s negativity and ended on a positive note for the last trading day of the week. The session ended a little higher on daily basis but posted an overall weekly loss on Friday. The Sensex closed at, 37,973 points, 255 points higher than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,762 points with a gain of 82 points. During the last trading day (Thursday), the Sensex closed 1,000 points to trade below 40,000 points, while the Nifty plunges 287 points to finally stand at 11,700 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Friday’s trading session: –
- The share market discontinued their last day’s negativity and ended on the positive side for the last day of the week. The session ended a little higher on daily basis but posted an overall weekly loss on Friday.
- Nifty moved up by 82 points to finally stand at 11,762 points.
- Sensex gained 255 points to finally stand at 37,973 points.
- Nifty Metal was the best-performing index during the session and it closed 4.11 percent higher on Friday.
- After Nifty Metal, Nifty Realty became the best performing index followed by Nifty Bank.
- Midcap Index moved down by 25 points to finally stand at 16,974 points.
- Top Nifty50 gainers- JSW Steel and Tata Steel
- JSW Steel and Tata Steel increased 6 percent each,
- Top Nifty50 losers- UPL
- UPL moved down by 8 percent.
- On the weekly basis, Nifty Bank moved down by 1.3 percent.
- On the weekly basis, the midcap index moved down by 2 percent.
- Weekly Nifty50 gainers- JSW Steel, Tata Steel, Hindalco, UltraTech Cement
- Weekly Nifty50 losers- Wipro, Tata Motors, UPL, Bharti Airtel & Sun Pharma
- Radico Khaitan spirited high as the vodka sales started kicking in.
- Gold prices in India traded flat with a negative bias on the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) Friday following a muted trend in the international spot prices on uncertainties over the stimulus package in the US and firm dollar, analysts said.