Monday Market Highlights: The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s positivity and ended on a positive note for the first trading day of the week. The session ended over 1 percent higher. This positive trend was mainly accelerated by the gains in the banks, financials, and metals stocks. The Sensex closed at, 40,431.60 points, 448.62 points higher than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,873.05 points with a gain of 110.60 points. During the last trading day (Friday), the Sensex closed 255 points higher to trade at 37,973 points, while the Nifty gained 82 points and finally closed at 11,762 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Monday ’s trading session: –
- The share market continued their last day’s positivity and ended on the positive side for the first day of the week. The session ended over 1 percent higher.
- Nifty moved up by 110.60 points to finally stand at 11,873.05 points.
- Sensex gained 448.62 points to finally stand at 40,431.60 points.
- Nifty Bank moved up by 3 percent. The nifty bank gained around 734 points to finally stand at 24,267 points.
- Midcap Index moved up by 129 points to finally stand at 16,916 points.
- Top sectoral gainers- Nifty PSU Bank, Nifty Private Bank, Nifty Financial Services, Nifty Metals, and Nifty FMCG.
- Top sectoral losers- Nifty Media, Nifty Pharma, Nifty Auto, and Nifty IT.
- Nifty PSU Bank moved up the most. It rallied over 4 percent.
- ICICI Bank stood as the top Nifty gainer.
- The share price of Avenue Supermarts, the D-Mart retail chain operator, moved up by 3 percent.
- Top PSU gainers- GAIL, SBI, IOC, Coal India, ONGC & BPCL.
- HDFC Bank also rallied in the green during the session.
- Bank of Maharashtra’s net profit rose 13.4 percent at Rs 130.1 crore from Rs 114.7 crore while net interest income (NII) increased 4.4 percent to Rs 1,120.4 crore from Rs 1,073.4 crore, YoY.
- The shares of Jet Airways were locked in a 5 percent upper circuit.
- The Indian Rupee opened at 73.38 against the Friday close of 73.34 per $.