Monday Market Highlights: The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s positivity and ended on a positive note for the first trading day of the week. This positive trend was mainly accelerated by gains in the Asian markets which further uplifted the sentiment. The Sensex closed at, 38,981 points, 593 points higher than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,227 points with a gain of 177 points. During the last trading day (Friday), the Sensex closed 835 points higher at 37,388.66 points, while the Nifty increased by 244 points to close at 11,050 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Thursday’s trading session: –
- The share market continued their last day’s positivity and ended on the positive side for the first day of the week. Mainly accelerated by gains in the Asian markets which further uplifted the sentiment.
- Nifty moved up by 177 points to finally stand at 11,227 points.
- Sensex gained 593 points to finally stand at 38,981 points.
- The index of the Nifty PSU Bank rose by 3 percent.
- The Midcap Index moved up by 494 points to finally stand at 16,998 points.
- The Nifty Bank moved up by 683 points to finally stand at 21,665 points.
- 46 Nifty stocks traded in the green during the session.
- Financials moved the Nifty by 78 points.
- Top contributors to the Nifty: ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, HDFC
- West Bengal government gave a green signal to the re-opening of multiplexes. This announcement by the government leads PVR & Inox Leisure higher.
- Specialty restaurants moved up by 10 percent.
- Hero MotoCorp moved up by 3 percent.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank’s share price moved down by 6.25 percent to Rs. 18 on the NSE after the shareholders voted out 7 directors including promoters on bad governance and mismanagement.
- The auto sector also traded in green during the session. Top gainers of the auto sector: Tata Motors and Escorts.
- Gold prices in India traded lower on the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) Monday tracking a muted trend in the international spot prices. Silver prices also declined by over 1 percent.