Advertisement

Private players will run only 5% trains, says Railways

In a recent press release the national transporter said that the private players will start railway passenger services from 2023. However, they will be Limited only to run 5% of the total mail and express trains of the railways. VK Yadav, chairman of railway board, said that the ticket charges in these railway services will be competitive with the air travel charges on similar roots.

Advertising
Advertising

He also said that the inclusion of private players in the operations wood affect the technology and other facilities like coaches that run at high speeds. He addressed a conference a day after the Indian railways officially begin the process for the entry of private tycoons in the passenger trains operation. It invited request for qualifications or RFQ for 109 routes through 151 modern trains.

Advertisement

Advertisement
private players

There were rising features thatthe railways network was totally handed over to the private players among the people. In regards with this Yadav told the press conference that the private participation would account for only 5% of the total 2800 mail or express trains running in the country. The rest 95% of the trains will run as before by the railways. This move is expected to affect the poor as they will now be able to get better facilities in terms of technology and safety on the same price.

Getting private players into the railway market will also ensure availability on demand of trains does reducing the wait list. This private range will run in 12 plans including Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai, Patna, prayagraj, Secunderabad, Howrah, Chennai, Chandigarh and Bengaluru.

 

Also read:-An Animal Crossing: New Horizons hackers to start a service where people can get villagers for free.