Market Highlights: The Sensex and Nifty discontinued their last day’s negativity and ended on a positive note for the last trading day of the week. Friday’s session ended a bit higher mainly boosted up by auto stocks, Maruti Suzuki ended over 4 percent higher and became the Nifty50 top gainer. The Sensex closed at, 40,686 points, with a gain of 127 points, higher than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,930 points with a gain of 34 points. During the last trading day (Thursday), the Sensex closed 148.82 points lower to trade at 40,558.49 points, while the Nifty lost 41.20 points and finally closed at 11,896.45 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Friday’s trading session: –
- The share market discontinued their last day’s negativity and ended on the positive side for the last day of the week. Friday’s session ended a bit higher mainly boosted up by auto stocks.
- Nifty moved up by 34 points to finally stand at 11,930 points.
- Sensex gained 127 points to finally stand at 40, 686 points.
- Nifty Bank slipped down during the session. It moved down by 6 points to finally stand at 24,478 points.
- Midcap moved up by 1 percent during the session. It moved up by 35 points to finally stand at 17,306 points.
- SBI Cards moved down more than 5 percent as asset quality worsens.
- The auto sector witnessed an expected healthy festive growth. Maruti Suzuki and M&M stood among the top gainers.
- Top Nifty50 gainer- Maruti Suzuki
- Biocon moved down by 3 percent after reporting earnings lower than expectations.
- Metal stocks higher on the hope of US stimulus. Tata Steel moved up by 3 percent due to the stimulus.
- Adani Electricity Mumbai extends an interest-free EMI facility for a limited period for the customers starting from October 23-30.
- During the session, IDBI bank marked profit against all the lows.
- The Indian currency ended slightly lower on Friday. The rupee settled at 73.59 against the US dollar as compared to Thursday’s close of 73.54.