Thursday market highlights: The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s negativity and ended on a negative note for the fourth trading day of the week. Thursday’s session ended lower for the day but gained in the October expiry series. The Sensex stopped at, 39,749.85 points, with a loss of 173 points, lower than the previous trading day while Nifty closed at 11,670.80 points with a loss of 59 points. During the last trading day (Wednesday), the Sensex closed 600 points lower to trade at 39,922 points, while the Nifty lost 160 points and finally closed at 11,730 points.
Key Highlights from Thursday’s share Market:
- The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s negativity and ended on a negative note for the fourth trading day of the week. Thursday’s session ended lower for the day but gained in the October expiry series.
- Except for the IT index, all the other sectors traded and closed in the red.
- Midcap Index moved down by 74 points to finally stand at 16,974 points.
- Top Midcap losers – Piramal Enterprises, Tata Elxsi, Chemcon Speciality, NIIT Tech
- Top Nifty index gainers – Asian Paints, UltraTech Cement, Shree Cements, HCL Tech, and Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- Top Nifty index losers – L&T, Titan, ONGC, Adani Ports, and Tata Motors.
- L&T and Titan each of them went down up to 5 percent.
- Maruti posted earnings lower than the expectations. Thus, the stock of the company moved down over 1 percent.
- Titan extended the losses further as commentary failed to boost the sentiment.
- Axis Bank went down by 2 percent.
- Havells India Q2 net profit stood at Rs. 326 crores.
- Reliance Industries to disclose its results on Friday. Thus, the company marked a gain during the session and closed with a gain of over 1 percent.
- Jute Companies went up on Cabinet decision w.r.t compulsory jute package, Ludlow moved up by 11 percent.
- Gold moved up during Thursday’s session as against a sharp slide during the last trading day.