Thursday Market Highlights: The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s negativity and ended on a negative note for the fourth trading day of the week. This negative trend was mainly dragged by global selloff in stocks as fears of fresh pandemic restrictions kept domestic investors worried. The Sensex closed at, 36,553 points, 1,115 points lower than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 10,805 points with a loss of 326 points. During the last trading day (Wednesday), the Sensex closed 66 points lower at 37,668 points, while the Nifty decreased by 22 points to close at 11, 132 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Thursday’s trading session: –
- The share market continued their last day’s negativity and ended on the negative side for the fourth day of the week. Mainly dragged down by global selloff in stocks as fears of fresh pandemic restrictions kept domestic investors worried.
- Nifty moved down by 326 points to finally stand at 10,805 points.
- Sensex lost 1,115 points to finally stand at 36,553 points.
- Nifty Bank went down by 722 points to finally stand at 20,457 points.
- HDFC Bank and ICICI Dragged the Nifty Bank down by 403 points.
- Midcap Index went down by 414 points to finally stand at 16,040 points.
- All Sectoral Indices traded in the negative territory.
- Top Indices losers: Metal, IT and PSU Bank.
- 48 Nifty Stocks traded in the red and closed in the negative.
- Top Nifty index loser: IndusInd, Tata Motor, Bajaj Fin, and Grasim.
- Rupee ended at 73.90 against dollar.
- FMGC Majors HUL and Nestle became the gainers amid the weak trading session.
- Sell Muthoot Finance. A relative underperformance we have seen in this stock in last one and half month. Technically, it has recently given a breakdown from a head and shoulder pattern which is a negative sign.
- Reliance Jio has started new post-paid plans starting with Rs. 399 a month offering 75GB of data and unlimited voice calls.