Thursday Market Highlights: The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s positivity and ended on a positive note for the fourth trading day of the week. The session ended over 1.5 percent higher on Thursday. The Sensex closed at, 38,697 points, 629 points higher than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,417 points with a gain of 169 points. During the last trading day (Wednesday), the Sensex closed 95 points higher at 38,068 points, while the Nifty increased by 25 points to close at 11,248 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Thursday’s trading session: –
- The share market continued their last day’s positivity and ended on the positive side for the fourth day of the week. The session ended over 1.5 percent higher on Thursday.
- Nifty moved up by 169 points to finally stand at 11,417 points.
- Sensex gained 629 points to finally stand at 38, 697 points.
- Sensex and Nifty closed at a 2-week high they both gained 1.5 percent.
- Nifty Bank closed 794 points higher at 22,246 points.
- Midcap Index moved up by 142 points to finally stand at 17,125 points.
- 39 Nifty stocks traded in the green.
- The auto sector traded in green with Bajaj Auto moved up by 4 percent.
- CAMS closed at Rs. 1,402 apiece, 8 percent lower to the listing price of Rs. 1,518 per share.
- City gas companies advance after a 25 percent cut in domestic gas prices.
- Mahanagar Gas & Indraprastha Gas moved up by 4 percent.
- The total sales of Atul Auto total dropped down by 69.2 percent to finally stand at 1,633 units as compared to 5,306 units, on Year on Year basis.
- Ashok Leyland’s total sales came in at 8,344 units Vs Nomura’s expectation that expected of 7,000 units.
- The DGCA has increased tariffs for air navigation services by 3.5 percent for domestic airlines and by 4 percent for international airlines. This increase in tariff is valid from 1st Oct 2020.
- SML Isuzu September Auto Sales dropped down by 41 percent to finally stand at 360 units from 614 units, on Year on Year basis.