Tuesday market highlights: The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s positivity and ended on a positive note for the second trading day of the week. The Tuesday session remained volatile mainly led by banking stocks as ICICI Bank and IndusInd Bank surged after their September quarter earnings. The Sensex stopped at, 39,758 points, with a gain of 144 points, higher than the previous trading day while Nifty closed at 11,669 points with a gain of 27 points. During the last trading day (Monday), the Sensex closed 144 points higher to trade at 39,758 points, while the Nifty gain of 27 points and finally closed at 11,669 points.
Key Highlights from today’s share market session: –
- The Sensex and Nifty discontinued their last day’s negativity and ended on a positive note for the first trading day of the week. The Monday session remained volatile mainly led by banking stocks as ICICI Bank and IndusInd Bank surged after their September quarter earnings.
- During the session, the selling trend was mainly seen in Reliance Industries, IT, and auto stocks.
- During Tuesday’s session, Sensex moved up by 144 points to finally stand at 39, 758 points.
- During Tuesday’s session, Nifty moved up by 27 points to finally stand at 11,669 points.
- Nifty Bank moved up by 992 to finally close at 24,893 points.
- Midcap Index moved up by 69 points to finally trade around 17,135 points.
- Top Nifty Gainers – IndusInd, ICICI, Axis Bank.
- ICICI Bank and HDFC each moved up by 6 percent.
- Wockhardt Ltd posted a net profit of Rs. 3.6 crores in Q2FY21 as compared to a loss of Rs. 82.2 crores in Q2FY20.
- Reliance witnessed its biggest One-day fall In Over 7 Months. It moved down by 9 percent post its September quarter earnings.
- Bharti Airtel moved up by 5 percent after its September quarter earnings.
- During the session, PVR climbed by 4 percent.
- HDFC’s net profit for the quarter stood at Rs. 2,870.1 Crores.
- On 2nd November, India started its first auction of coal mines for commercial sale.