Tuesday Market Highlights: The Sensex and Nifty discontinued their last day’s positivity and ended on a negative note for the second trading day of the week. The session remained a little unchanged as banking, financials, pharma, and FMCG stocks turned negative soon after opening. The Sensex closed at, 37,973 points, 8 points lower than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,222 points with a loss of 5 points. During the last trading day (Monday), the Sensex closed 593 points higher at 38,981 points, while the Nifty increased by 177 points to close at 11,227 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Tuesday’s trading session: –
- The share market discontinued their last day’s positivity and ended on the negative side for the second day of the week. The session remained a little unchanged as banking, financials, pharma, and FMCG stocks turned negative soon after opening.
- Nifty moved down by 5 points to finally stand at 11,222 points.
- Sensex lost 8 points to finally stand at 37,973 points.
- Midcap Index moved down by 25 points to finally stand at 16,974 points.
- Nifty Bank closed 254 points lower at 21,411 points.
- All Nifty Bank traded in the red except HDFC Bank. ICICI Bank, Axis Bank became the top loser.
- Metal stocks gained some health with Hindalco and Tata Steel as the top gainers.
- Vodafone Idea closed with a loss of 5 percent.
- GMR Infrastructure board to consider raising to Rs 350 crore via NCDs on October 3 to part refinance existing loans and for general corporate purposes.
- Top Midcap gainers: CEAT, JSPL, Page Industries, MindTree
- The Indian rupee ended in red on Tuesday amidst a rangebound session. The rupee ended at 73.86 against the dollar as compared to Monday’s close of 73.79.
- According to the sources, the Power Ministry to move a cabinet note on reducing power purchase cost, boost coal usage.
- During the session, Likhitha Infrastructure Ltd’s IPO opened for subscription at a price band of Rs. 117-120.