Tuesday Market Highlights: The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s negativity and ended on a negative note for the second trading day of the week. This negative trend was mainly dragged by weakness in global peers due to rising coronavirus cases all across the globe. The Sensex closed at, 37,734 points, 300 points lower than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,154 points with a loss of 97 points. During the last trading day (Monday), the Sensex closed 812 points lower at 38,024 points, while the Nifty decreased by 254 points to close at 11,251 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Tuesday’s trading session: –
- The share market continued their last day’s negativity and ended on the negative side for the second day of the week. Mainly dragged down by the weakness in global peers due to rising coronavirus cases all across the globe.
- Nifty moved down by 97 points to finally stand at 11,154 points.
- Sensex lost 300 points to finally stand at 37,734 points.
- During the initial marketing hours market recovered from lows but failed to give a positive outcome.
- Nifty Bank moved down by 228 points to finally stand at 21,139 points.
- Nifty Midcap100 also traded in negative and posted a heavy loss during the session. It closed 257 points lower to 16,508 points.
- Top Nifty gainer: IT majors TCS and HCL
- Top Nifty loser: RIL, HDFC twins, L&T, Axis Bank.
- All sectoral indices traded in the red except for the IT sector and Pharma sector.
- The Indian currency snaps the gaining streak and posts the single biggest fall on Tuesday. The rupee ended at 73.58 as against the US dollar as compared to Monday’s close of 73.38.
- Top Midcap losers: Canara Bank, M&M Finance, Manappuram Finance, GMR Infra.
- The initial public offer (IPO) of Computer Age Management Services (CAMS) got fully subscribed during today’s session of the bidding process.
- The Rs. 2,244-crore public issue received bids for Rs. 1.38 crores equity shares as compared to the offered size of Rs. 1.28 crores equity shares.