Wednesday Market Highlights: The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s positivity and ended on a positive note for the third trading day of the week. This positive trend was mainly accelerated by buying in auto, realty, and pharma stocks. The Sensex closed at, 39,303 points, 259 points higher than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,605 points with a gain of 83 points. During the last trading day (Tuesday), the Sensex closed 268 points higher at 39,044 points, while the Nifty increased by 82 points to close at 11,522 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Wednesday’s trading session: –
- The share market continued their last day’s positivity and ended on the positive side for the third day of the week. Mainly accelerated by buying in auto, realty, and pharma stocks.
- Nifty moved up by 83 points to finally stand at 11,605 points.
- Sensex gained 259 points to finally stand at 39,303 points.
- Top Nifty Index gainer: Nifty Pharma, Nifty Realty and Nifty Auto gained.
- Top Nifty Index loser: Nifty Media and Nifty PSU Bank.
- Top Nifty 50 index gainer: Dr. Reddy’s and M&M.
- Top Nifty 50 index loser: IndusInd Bank and NTPC.
- Stock Market Reliance Industries traded in the green but failed to make and hold a record high of 2,369 during the intra-day trading.
- Nifty Bank moved up by 108 points to finally stand at 22,574 points mainly topped by HDFC Bank.
- Reddy’s Laboratories top Nifty gainer on COVID-19 vaccine agreement with Russia’s RDIF.
- 13 of 15 Nifty Auto stocks traded in positive territory among them M&M, Bajaj Auto top remained the top gainers.
- The Indian currency ended higher on Wednesday amidst the surging equity market. The rupee ended at 73.52 against the US dollar as compared to Tuesday’s close of 73.65.
- The shares of Vedanta’s rallied 2.24 percent higher to Rs. 134.50 apiece on the NSE.
- During the session, Lakshmi Vilas Bank shares hit an intra-day high of 10 percent.