Wednesday market highlights: The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s positivity and the market ended on a positive note for the 8th straight day and at the record for the 3rd consecutive day. Wednesday was mainly led by pharma and metal stocks amid strong global cues. The Sensex stopped at, 43,594 points, with a gain of 316 points, higher than the previous trading day while Nifty stopped at 12,749 points with a gain of 118 points. During the last trading day (Tuesday), the Sensex closed 680.22 points higher to trade at 43,277.65 points, while the Nifty gain of 170.05 points and finally closed at 12,631.10 points.
Key Highlights from Wednesday’s trading session:-
- The Sensex and Nifty continued their last trading day’s positivity and ended on a record high note for the first trading day of the week. Wednesday was mainly led by pharma and metal stocks amid strong global cues.
- During Wednesday’s session, Nifty moved up by 118 points to finally stand at 12,749 points.
- During Wednesday’s session, Sensex moved up by 316 points to finally stand at 43,594 points.
- The Wednesday session was boosted up after the cabinet approved Rs. 2 lakh crore Production Linked Incentives (PLI) scheme for 10 manufacturing sectors.
- The 10 manufacturing sectors include automobile and auto components, air conditioners, electronic goods, food processing industry, pharma, among others.
- During Wednesday’s session, Nifty bank up by 239 points to finally stand at 28,845 points.
- During Wednesday’s session, the Midcap index moved up by 67 points to finally stand at 18,075 points.
- Metal and Pharma gained the most amongst all the indices. Each of them moved up over 3 percent.
- During the session, Tata Steel gained 8 percent after the reports of the company finalizing European business sales.
- On Wednesday, Larsen & Toubro’s share price increased by over 2.5 percent to finally trade at Rs. 1,061 apiece on the NSE.
- Godrej Industries Q2FY21’s net profit moved down by 44.8 percent to Rs. 205.3 crore against Rs. 372.2 crores.