Tuesday Market Highlights: The Sensex and Nifty discontinued their last day’s negativity and ended on a positive note for the third trading day of the week. Wednesday’s session ended a percent higher mainly boosted up by financials, pharma, and FMCG stocks. The Sensex closed at, 40,522 points, with a gain of 377 points, higher than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,889 points with a gain of 122 points. During the last trading day (Tuesday), the Sensex closed 540 points lower to trade at 40,146 points, while the Nifty lost 163 points and finally closed at 11,768 points.
Key highlights from Wednesday’s trading session: –
- The Sensex and Nifty discontinued their last day’s negativity and ended on a positive note for the third trading day of the week. Wednesday’s session ended on a positive note for the third trading day of the week.
- Nifty moved up by 122 points to finally stand at 11,889 points.
- Sensex gained 377 points to finally stand at 40,522 points.
- Nifty Bank moved up by 3 percent mainly helped by Kotak Mahindra Bank.
- Nifty Bank moved up by 694 points to finally stand at 24,770 points.
- Kotak Bank moved up by 12 percent.
- Midcap Index increased by 207 points to finally end at 17,217 points.
- Top gainers on the Nifty50 index: Kotak Bank, Nestle, Asian Paints, Shree Cement, and Bajaj Finance
- Top losers on the Nifty50 index: HDFC, TCS, ONGC, Infosys, and Wipro.
- Ipca Labs moved up by 13 percent.
- Nifty Pharma moved up by 1.5 percent.
- Nifty FMCG moved up by 1.2 percent.
- The Navratri festive season has seen car sales do better than last year – about 25-30 percent more — though the same cannot be said about two-wheelers, Nikunj Sanghi, Chairman of Automotive Skill Development Council said.
- Man Industries’ total profit moved to Rs. 27.3 crores against Rs. 10.1 crores while revenue moved up by 91.9 percent to stand at Rs. 587.2 crores from its earlier collection of Rs. 306 crores on year on year basis.