Monday Market Highlights: The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s negativity and ended on a negative note for the first trading day of the week. This negative trend was mainly dragged by sell-off in global markets on rising coronavirus cases all across the world. The Sensex closed at, 38,024 points, 812 points lower than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,251 points with a loss of 254 points. During the last trading day (Friday), the Sensex closed 134 points lower at 38,846 points, while the Nifty decreased by 11 points to close at 11,505 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Monday’s trading session: –
- The share market continued their last day’s negativity and ended on the negative side for the first day of the week. Mainly dragged down by the by sell-off in global markets on rising coronavirus cases all across the world.
- Nifty moved down by 254 points to finally stand at 11, 251 points.
- Sensex lost 812 points to finally stand at 38, 024 points.
- Nifty Smallcap100 traded in negative and posted a heavy loss during the session. It moved down by 4 percent.
- Nifty Midcap100 also traded in negative and posted a heavy loss during the session. It moved down by 4 percent.
- Top Nifty 50 index gainer: Kotak Bank, Infosys, and TCS.
- Top Nifty 50 index loser: IndusInd Bank, Tata Motors, Hindalco, Tata Steel, and JSW Steel.
- All sectoral indices traded in the red.
- Volatility Index moved up by 13 percent.
- HCL Technologies moved down by 6 percent.
- Wipro moved down by 4 percent.
- Route Mobile makes a strong debut. The shares of the company closed at Rs. 651 v/s issue price of Rs. 350 per share.
- Indiabulls Housing, JSPL, Bharat Electronics, PTC, Strides stood among the top Midcap losers.
- The shares of the Canara Bank shares traded over 2 percent lower to Rs. 96.10 apiece on the NSE despite the company’s consideration of raising funds through a qualified institutional placement (QIPs). The board meeting to discuss this will take place on September 25.