Tuesday Market Highlights, the Sensex and Nifty discontinued their last day’s negativity and ended a bit higher for the second trading day of the week. This positive trend was mainly accelerated by global markets and buying sentiment in the pharma space. The Sensex closed at, 39,044 points, 268 points higher than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,522 points with a gain of 82 points. During the last trading day (Monday), the Sensex closed 474 points lower at 38,776 points, while the Nifty decreased by 129 points to close at 11,440 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Monday’s trading session: –
- The share market discontinued their last day’s negativity and ended on the positive side for the second day of the week. Mainly accelerated by positive sentiment across global markets and buying sentiment in the pharma space.
- Nifty moved up by 82 points to end at 11,522 points.
- Sensex gained 268 points to finally stand at 39,044 points.
- Top Nifty Index gainer: Nifty Pharma, Nifty Private Bank, Nifty Financial Services, and Nifty IT.
- Top Nifty Index loser: Nifty PSU Bank, Nifty Auto, and Nifty FMCG.
- Top Nifty 50 index gainer: IndusInd Bank and Cipla.
- Top Nifty 50 index loser: Titan and Maruti Suzuki.
- The Indian currency ended with losses in today’s session despite positive equity markets. The rupee ended at 73.64 against the US dollar as compared to Monday’s close of 73.48.
- Nifty Bank moved up by 364 points to finally stand at 22,466 points
- The midcap index moved up by 187 points to finally stand at 17,393 points.
- Max India increased by 8 percent.
- Bajaj Healthcare increased by 10 percent after impactful Q1 earnings.
- BSE moved up by 6 percent after DB sells 12 lakh shares in the company.
- Chemcon Speciality Chemicals is also expected to launch its initial public offering on September 21, a source at a brokerage firm said. Computer Age Management Services (CAMS), which is backed by NSE and private equity firm Warburg Pincus, is also expected to open its maiden public issue on the same date.