Wednesday Market Highlights: The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s negativity and ended on a negative note for the third trading day of the week. This negative trend was mainly dragged by the losses in the sector due to skyrocketing coronavirus cases. The Sensex closed at, 37,668 points, 66 points lower than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,132 points with a loss of 22 points. During the last trading day (Tuesday), the Sensex closed 300 points lower at 37,734 points, while the Nifty decreased by 97 points to close at 11,154 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Wednesday’s trading session: –
- The share market continued their last day’s negativity and ended on the negative side for the third day of the week. Mainly dragged down by the losses in the sector due to skyrocketing coronavirus cases and no positive cues from the other side.
- Nifty moved down by 22 points to finally stand at 11, 132 points.
- Sensex lost 66 points to finally stand at 37, 668 points.
- After today’s session Sensex and Nifty closed lower for the 5th straight day.
- Benchmark Indices recovered from the losses to finally trade in the positive.
- Nifty Bank closed in the green. It gained more than 350 points.
- Top Nifty index gainer: Reliance, HDFC Bank, Infosys & HUL.
- Top Nifty index loser: Bharti Airtel, TCS, ICICI Bank, Bajaj Finance.
- Bharti Airtel moved down by 7 percent.
- Reliance Industries closes higher after KKR’s Rs. 5,550 crore investment in Reliance Retail.
- Top Midcap gainers: Tata Chemicals, Redington, Page Industries, and Muthoot Finance.
- Top Midcap losers: Shriram Transport, Laurus Labs, Natco Pharma, and LIC Housing.
- The Indian rupee ended almost unchanged against yesterday’s close. The rupee ended at 73.57 against the dollar.
- Majesco’s shares moved up by 5 percent to Rs. 816.65 apiece on the NSE after Unifi Wealth Management acquired a stake in it. The Group acquired 2.06 lakh shares of the company, amounting to a stake of 0.72 percent.