Share Market: The Sensex and Nifty discontinued their last day’s positivity and ended on a negative note for the third trading day of the week. The session ended over a percent lower, breaking the 40,000 level of Sensex and Nifty’s 11,800 points. The Sensex closed at, 39,922 points, with a loss of 600 points, lower than the previous trading day while Nifty closed at 11,730 points with a loss of 160 points. During the last trading day (Tuesday), the Sensex closed 377 points higher to trade at 40,522 points, while the Nifty gained 122 points and finally closed at 11,889 points.
Key Highlights of the share Market:
- The Sensex and Nifty discontinued their last day’s positivity and ended on a negative note for the third trading day of the week. The session ended on a negative note for the third trading day of the week.
- During the session, the 40,000 level of Sensex and Nifty’s 11,800 points were snapped.W
- Nifty moved down by losing 160 points to finally stand at 11,730 points.
- Sensex lost 600 points breaking the 40,000 level and finally stood at 39,922 points.
- Nifty Bank moved down the most amongst frontline indices. It slipped down over 2 percent by 537 points to finally stand at 24,233 points.
- The midcap index slipped over 1 percent. It moved down by 170 points to finally stand at 17,048 points.
- 43 stocks of Nifty traded and closed in the red territory.
- Top Nifty losers: IndusInd Bank, ICICI Bank, and HDFC.
- Top Nifty gainer: Bharti Airtel
- Titan moved down by 1 percent after reporting largely in-line earnings.
- Marico moved up by 2 percent after reporting volume growth higher than estimates.
- Top Midcap gainers: Angel Broking, Adani Green, Happiest Minds, and PTC Finance.
- Top Midcap losers: Vedanta, Amara Raja Batteries, DLF, and HOEC.
- The Indian currency closed lower by 16 paise at 73.87, amid selling seen in the domestic equity market. During the session, the Indian currency opened flat at 73.70 per dollar against Tuesday’s close of 73.71 and trade in the range of 73.64-73.93.