Big Little Lies Season 2: The most loved- “Big Little Lies” is an American drama series created by David E. Kelley. This series is based on the novel of the same name by Liane Moriarty.
The show premiered on HBO on 19 February 2017. Consisted of totally seven-episodes, first season was directed by Jean-Marc Vallee.
The story seems an apparently perfect lives of upper-class mothers. They all work at a prestigious elementary school. When a single-mother moves to their quaint Californian beach town, resolve the point of murder.
Is the show ready to make a comeback with another season?
As season one has strong story, fans believed that season two just wasn’t as strong. Though Big Little Lies consists of some of the busiest cast in Hollywood. The HBO’s president of programming, Casey Bloys wasn’t too optimistic about another season.
Back in July, in an interview Casey told it just wasn’t realistic, still there’s hope. Season 3 could happen only if the cast could manage their schedules.
It looks like Big Little Lies season 3 will comeback as many of the show’s stars have been opening up. Perhaps, Witherspoon also hinted that a season three might be in the works.
“We want to do it, we’re just kind of waiting… We’re trying guys! We’re trying to come up with the right story.” If season 3 happens, there were more ideas further down the track, it will be born out a strong story.
Big Little Lies Season-2: Release Date
After so much of wait, Big Little Lies will return to our lives. HBO premiered the season 2 on 9 June 2019 in US.
This round of installment also aired on the same channel. Although, the first season of the show was broadcast in UK by Sky Atlantic and Radio Timesreport.
Big Little Lies Season-2: Cast
Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman were the first announced to return for upcoming season. All the show’s original cast will returning back includes:
- Reese Witherspoon as Madeline Mackenzie
- Nicole Kidman as Celeste Wright
- Shailene Woodley as Jane Chapman
- Alexander Skarsgård as Perry Wright, Celeste’s husband
- Adam Scott as Ed Mackenzie, Madeline’s husband
- Zoe Kravitz as Bonnie Carlson, Nathan’s wife
- James Tupper as Nathan Carlson, Madeline’s ex-husband
- Laura Dern as Renata Klein
- Jeffrey Nordling as Gordon Klein, Renata’s husband
- Kathryn Newton as Abigail Carlson
- Iain Armitage as Ziggy Chapman, Jane’s son
- Meryl Streep as Mary Louise Wright, Perry’s mother