Derry Girls Season 3: It is the story of five high school students who face all the universal challenges faced by young people. The writer is Lisa McGee and produced by Hat Trick Productions. As the name suggests, it is located in Derry, Northern Ireland.
The Channel 4 program director recently said: “At a time of significant doubt about the future of the nation, fortunately, the Derry Girls will have good news to consider, returning to make our lives a little better brighter and more enjoyable. “
Derry Girls season 3 release date
After the first two seasons’ success, the third season is approaching for fans of Derry Girls.
The team has not announced a release date for season 3. We are expecting Season 3 to air in late 2020 and will contain six episodes. Due to Covid-19, filming for season 3 was halted. But fans are eagerly awaiting the release.
Derry Girls season 3 cast
The cast of Derry Girls is the same as in seasons 1 and 2. There is a possibility that new faces will appear as guests on the series.
- Saoirse-Monica Jackson: as Erin Quinn
- Louisa Harland: as Orla McCool, Erin’s maternal cousin
- Nicola Coughlan: as Clare Devlin, one of Erin’s best friends
- Jamie-Lee O’Donnell: as Michelle Mallon, one of Erin’s best friends
- Dylan Llewellyn: as James Maguire, Michelle’s maternal cousin
- Tara Lynne O’Neill: as Ma / Mary, Erin’s disciplinary mother
- Kathy Kiera Clarke: as Aunt Sarah, Orla’s mother, and Mary’s sister
Derry Girls Season 3 Plot
The series is so successful that Netflix re-broadcast it due to the first season. Twelve episodes aired over two seasons. This show describes the Irish bloodshed in the 1990s. Erin and her friend Michelle Clare and her cousin James are trying to change their youth’s life in between. The following season, love blossomed between Erin and James, who blew himself up with James and intended to leave Derry.