Grand Army: It is an upcoming American series. It is all about high school students in Brooklyn, revolves around their daily struggles with racial, sexual, and economic politics.
It is adapted from a 2013 play by Katie Cappiello titled Slut. It is about Slut-shaming and rape culture effects on young females. The play depicts the mental stress faced by today’s teenagers. Katie Cappiello, who was a teacher earlier, stated that the show is very special to her and she has worked on this project for 18 years. Katie Cappiello is the creative and executive producer along with Josh Donen, Nicolette Donen, Elizabeth Kling, Beau Willimon, and Jordan Tappis.
Netflix recently released the first trailer of the series, and it been appreciated by the audiences.
Grand Army Trailer
In the trailer, the mysteriously dark screenplay is projected and invokes a kind of unease among the viewers. It depicts the life of five students, who fight to survive, succeed, wild out, and break the stereotypes to set a future. The trailer also suggests taboo topics for the series.
Grand Army Release Date
The teen drama series will be premiered on Friday, 16th October 2020 on Netflix, exclusively.
Grand Army Cast
• Odessa A’Zion as Joey Del Marco
• Odley Jean as Dominique Pierre
• Maliq Johnson as Jayson Jackson
• Amalia Yoo as Leila Kwan Zimmer
• Amir Bageria as Siddhartha Pakam
• Alphonso Romero Jones as John Ellis
• Crystal Sha’re Jones as Tor Sampson
• Marcela Avelina as Flora Mejia
• Sydney Meyer as Anna Delaney
• Keara Graves as Grace
• Naiya Ortiz as Sonia Cruz
• Jaden Jordan as Owen Williams
• Brian Altemus as Luke Friedman
• Ashley Ganger as Meera pakam
Grand Army- an adult drama is directed by
So Yong Kim, Darnell Martin, Tina Mabry, Silas Howard, and Clement Virgo
Grand Army Plot
The show focuses on five students at the largest public school in Brooklyn, New York, and their struggles to overcome chaos in terms of racial bias, sexual assault, social injustice, and economical dirty politics.