The Punisher Season 3: The punisher is an American television series that brings the character from the very famous Marvel Comics. So we need not mention, that the show is a hit among all Marvel Cinematic Universe fans. This action crime thriller, filled with conspiracy drama is created by Steve Lightfoot. It is produced by Marvel Studios, ABC Studios, and Bohemian Risk Productions. So far two seasons have premiered and fans are eagerly waiting for the third installment of The Punisher.
But to our surprise, Netflix canceled the show! That is what disappointment sounds like, right?
Even after the second season was left on two loose strings, and all fans waited eagerly for the next season, the streaming service canceled the show. Now we have another reason to curse this year!
WHO PLAYS WHAT IN THE SHOW?
- Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle. He is a member of a self-appointed group of people who undertake law enforcement. So he is always willing to fight off criminals and sweep off all underworld crimes.
- Ebon Moss Bachrach as David Lieberman a.k.a. Micro. He is a former NASA analyst, who takes care of the castle after he faked his death.
- Ben Barnes as Billy Russo a.k.a. Jigsaw
- Amber Rose Revah as Dinah Madani
- Daniel Webber as Lewis Wilson
- Paul Schulze as William Rawlins a.k.a. Agent Orange
- Jason R. Mocre as Curtis Hoyle
- Michael Nathanson as Sam Stein
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page
WHY DID NETFLIX CANCEL THE SHOW?
One reason for canceling The Punisher Season 3 of the show might be the imbalance of management and cast. The creators revealed that they were not successful in bringing out the character of The Punisher as in the Marvel Comics. This is a big reason, but fans still cannot take it as a reason to put an end to the series midway.
Other than this, two movies have also been released on the same character. In January there were rumors that Marvel Studio has been working on bringing Jon Bernthal in the cinematic world. So we can expect the story to run with some of the series characters in the coming times.