National Recruitment Agency: On 19 August 2020 Prime Minister, Narendra Modi has shown his happiness towards setting up the National Recruitment Agency (NRA). He also said by posting a tweet that “This NRA will be an advantage and a good source for the youngsters to get government jobs. Through the Common Eligibility Test (CET), we will eliminate multiple tests and save precious time for all the candidates as well as resources. This will also be a big boost to transparency.”
What is the National Recruitment Agency (NRA)?
National Recruitment Agency is an organization that will convey preparation examination for the government jobs. On Wednesday Union Cabinet has approved the foundation of NRA. NRA will also help in the smooth conduct of CET (Common Eligibility Test) examinations.
Through this NRA anyone can get jobs in the following lines :
- Staff Selection Commission
- Railway Recruitment Board
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
The 1st phase of the NRA examination will be conduct on the online platform.
NRA is deciding to set up 117 examination centers in many districts.
Keeping in mind the vast varieties of languages in India, this examination will be held in 11 languages.
- It has an only one-time payment plan which includes registration and exam fees both
- There is no need to travel outside the district for attending an examination
- The majority of the questions in the exam will be MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) which have the difficulty of the same levels.
- The results of the examination will be displayed online.
- The questions paper will provide in the form of sets that have the same questions but in a jumbled way.
- Candidates can apply for the examination for several times as they are within the age limit which is set by the government
- With many attempts, only the best score of the candidate will be taken into account.
- This examination will be held once in a year