Market Highlights: On Tuesday, the Sensex and Nifty discontinued their last day’s positivity and ended in the red for the second trading day of the week. This negative trend was mainly dragged by metal, bank, and pharma stocks. The Sensex closed at, 38,365 points, 52 points lower than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,317 points with a loss of 37 points. During the last trading day (Monday), the Sensex closed 60 points higher at 38,417 points, while the Nifty increased by 41 points to close at 11,375.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Tuesday’s trading session: –
- The share market discontinued their last day’s positivity and ended the negative side on the second day of the week. Mainly dragged by metal, bank, and pharma stocks.
- Nifty moved down by 37 points to end at 11, 317.
- Sensex lost 52 points to finally stand at 38, 365.
- Only the IT sector ended in green while all the other sectors rallied in red.
- Nifty Metal also moved down over 3 percent during the session.
- Nifty Pharma also lost 1.6 percent.
- The banking sector stocks also moved down by 1 percent.
- Nifty Auto was dragged down by 0.8 percent.
- Nifty IT, the only sector that ended in green moved up by 1 percent mainly led by L&T Infotech HCL Tech, Infosys, and Wipro, up 1.5-3 percent.
- The top gainers of the Nifty50 index: BPCL, HCL Tech, Wipro, Infosys, and RIL were the top gainers.
- The top losers of the Nifty50 index: Bharti Infratel, Tata Motors, Zee, Hindalco, and Tata Steel.
- Bharti Infratel snapped its gaining streak during the Tuesday’s session and rallied over 8 percent lower during the session.
- In a big booster shot for Dixon Technologies, a government panel has cleared $100 billion of mobile export proposals from global manufacturers.
- The Indian rupee ended lower against the US dollar on Tuesday. The rupee closed at 73.60/$ as against Monday’s close of 73.34/$.
- During the session, the economic experts said that the country expecting a ‘V’ shaped recovery and not a ‘U’ shape recovery after being hit by the pandemic.