On Tuesday the Sensex and Nifty ended on a positive note. This positive trend was mainly accelerated by the gains in the media and auto stock. Regaining from the last day (Monday), the Sensex closed at, 38,900 points, 272 points higher than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,470 points with a gain of 82 points. During the last trading day (Monday), the Sensex closed 839 points lower at 38,628, while the Nifty decreased by 260 points to close at 11,388.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Tuesday’s trading session: –
- The share market rallied on the positive side after it posted the biggest one-day fall in the last 3 months in its last trading session.
- Nifty moved up by 82 points to end at 11,470.
- Sensex gained 272 points to finally stand at 38,900.
- Investors were optimistic about SC’s decision for AGR and Interest waiver.
- Top gainer of the Nifty50 index: Bharti Airtel
- SC announced its decision to give more 10 years to the telecom companies for paying the Adjusted Gross Revenue (AGR). Thus, a significant gain was observed in the stock of Bharti Airtel.
- Best-performing index Tuesday: Nifty Metal.
- Nifty Metal earned 3.41 percent against its previous trading day.
- Nifty IT decreased with 0.44 percent is the only index that landed in the negative territory.
- Top Nifty50 gainers: Asian Paints, Bajaj Finance, Hindalco, and JSW Steel.
- Top Nifty50 losers: Adani Ports, Axis Bank, Bharti Infratel, ONGC, and Infosys.
- The stock of Reliance Industries has expended over 60 percent within the last six months against just 5 percent expansion in the benchmark BSE Sensex.
- According to the experts, investors are optimistic about RIL’s stock. Thus, a bullish trend is observed.
- Glenmark Pharma has increased by 179.9 percent to Rs. 469 apiece.
- Three out of four entities that availed the moratorium, or the six-month loan repayment holiday allowed by Reserve Bank, are below investment grade, a study by CRISIL showed.
- The Indian currency closed at 72.87 against the US dollar marking a 6-month high in today’s session.