Market Highlights: The Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s positivity and ended on a positive note for the second trading day of the week. Tuesday’s session ended a bit higher after remaining volatile throughout the session. The Sensex closed at, 40,544 points, with a gain of 113 points, higher than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,897 points with a gain of 24 points. During the last trading day (Monday), the Sensex closed 448.62 points higher to trade at 40,431.60 points, while the Nifty gained 110.60 points and finally closed at 11,873.05 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Tuesday’s trading session: –
- The share market continued their last day’s positivity and ended on the positive side for the second day of the week. Tuesday’s session ended a bit higher after remaining volatile throughout the session.
- Nifty moved up by 24 points to finally stand at 11,897 points.
- Sensex gained 113 points to finally stand at 40,544 points.
- Top Nifty50 gainer- HCL Technologies
- Top Nifty50 loser- Britannia
- HDFC Bank & IT stocks were the Main contributors of the Nifty and they helped it to trade in the green territory.
- Britannia stood as the top Nifty loser after a mild miss of topline in Q2 earnings.
- Nifty Bank moved up by 45 points to finally close at 24,312 points.
- Midcap Index moved up by 107 points to finally stand at 17,023 points.
- Bajaj Finance closed in the red territory ahead of earnings.
- Just Dial moved up by 19 percent.
- As per the BSE shareholding pattern,
- The LIC has reduced its stake in the company to 8.87 percent in the September quarter from its earlier stake of 10.15 percent in the June quarter.
- LIC has sold 3,74,36,314 shares in the July-September quarter.
- The Indian Rupee closed in the red on Tuesday’s session. The rupee ended at 73.46 against the US dollar as compared to Monday’s close of 73,37.
- HUL’s net profit moved up by 8.7 percent on a year-on-year basis.