Share Market Highlights: On Friday, the Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s positivity and ended a bit higher for the last trading day of the week. This positive trend was mainly accelerated by gains in IT, banks, and metal stocks. The Sensex closed at, 38,854.55 points, 14.23 points higher than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,464.45 points with a gain of 15.20 points. During the last trading day (Thursday), the Sensex closed 646 points higher at 38,840 points, while the Nifty increased by 171 points to close at 11,449 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Friday’s trading session: –
- The share market continued their last day’s positivity and ended the positive side on the last day of the week. Mainly accelerated by gains in IT, banks, and metal stocks.
- Nifty moved up by 15.20 points to end at 11,464.45 points.
- Sensex gained 14.23 points to finally stand at 38,854.55 points.
- Both Sensex and Nifty increase over 1 percent this week.
- IT, banks, and metal stocks accelerated the Sensex up.
- Nifty Bank moved up by 14 points to finally settle at 22,480. Overall it recovered 274 points from lows.
- Except for IndusInd Bank & HDFC bank, all other Nifty Bank constituents rallied in the green.
- While talking on a weekly basis Nifty Bank decreased by 2.3 percent.
- Top index gainer: Nifty IT
- Top gainers of the Nifty50: Wipro, Tech Mahindra
- The top loser of the Nifty50: Bharti Airtel
- Wipro increased by 3 percent to finally settle at a 52-week high.
- Max Heath increased by 17 percent.
- Reliance Industries gains over 11 percent to record the biggest weekly gain in the last 7 weeks
- Expert’s opinion: We traded in a narrow range today with a lack of direction and conviction. 11,500-11,520 would be the new resistance for the markets next week. We need to go past that for the short term trend to turn positive, said Manish Hathiramani, Index Trader and Technical Analyst, Deen Dayal Investments.