Thursday Market Highlights: The Sensex and Nifty discontinued their last day’s positivity and ended on a negative note for the fourth trading day of the week. This negative trend was mainly dragged by Reliance Industries. The Sensex closed at, 38,980 points, 323 points lower than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,516 points with a loss of 88 points. During the last trading day (Wednesday), the Sensex closed 259 points higher at 39,303 points, while the Nifty increased by 83 points to close at 11,605 points.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Thursday’s trading session: –
- The share market discontinued their last day’s positivity and ended on the negative side for the fourth day of the week. Mainly dragged down by Reliance Industries.
- Nifty moved down by 88 points to finally stand at 11, 516 points.
- Sensex lost 323 points to finally stand at 39, 980 points.
- During the session, the Gold prices in India traded in negative on the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX).
- Top Nifty Index gainer: Nifty pharma, Nifty media, and Nifty IT.
- Top Nifty Index loser: Nifty Realty, Nifty Metal, and Nifty PSU Bank.
- Top Nifty 50 index gainer: Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories and Zee Entertainment.
- Top Nifty 50 index loser: Hindalco and Tata Motors.
- PTC Finance went up by 4 percent after the IT Department processing refund of Rs. 115 crores.
- Nifty Bank went down by 253 points to 2,320.
- The Indian currency ended a bit lower during the session. It closed at 73.55 against the US dollar as compared to Wednesday’s close of 73.52.
- The midcap index slipped 42 points to finally stand at 17,411 points.
- Top Nifty heavyweights losers: RIL, TCS, HDFC.
- Tata Motors went down by 2 percent.
- The country’s largest bank, Reserve Bank of India, announced another round of OMO which will take place on September 24.
- The government is surprised by the “sudden dissent” from auto companies on the state of taxation and believes the tax policy for the sector has been fair and consistent for a long time.