Friday Share Market Highlights: On Friday the Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s positivity and ended at a six-month high for the last day of the week. This positive trend was mainly accelerated by the gains in the banks and media stocks. Regaining from the last day (Thursday), Sensex closed at, 39,467.31, 354.31 points higher than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,647.60 with a gain of 88.6 points. During the last trading day (Thursday), the Sensex closed 39 points higher at 39,113, while Nifty increased by 9 points to close to 11,559 points.
Market: Key highlights from Friday’s trading session:
- The share market rallied on the positive side to post the biggest weekly gains in a month for the last day of the week.
- Nifty moved up by 88.6 points to end at 11,647.60.
- Sensex earned 354.31 points to finally stand at 39,467.31.
- The nifty bank gained 923 points to stand 24,524 during today’s session.
- Top Nifty gainers: Induslnd Bank along with other 4 financials in the top-10 list including Axis Bank, Kotak Bank, SBI, and HDFC. Financials lifted the share market by contributing 89 points alone to Nifty.
- Top Nifty Losers: JSW Steel, Dr. Reddy’s, Hero MotoCorp, Infosys, and Power Grid.
- The Rupee closed higher at 73.39 a dollar against Thursday’s close of 73.84.
- The shares of Max India opened at Rs. 80 on the Bombay Stock Exchange but later landed down to Rs. 76 apiece.
- Real estate company DLF said that the reduction in the stamp duty by the Maharashtra government is a positive move, however, one should not expect it to dramatically boost demand.
- On a weekly basis, Sensex increased by 2.7 percent while Nifty increased by 2.4 percent.
- The nifty bank increased by 10 percent this week.
- Top Nifty gainers this week: Axis Bank, Tata Motors, IndusInd Bank, and SBI.
- Top Nifty losers this week: NTPC, Shree Cement, and Power Grid.
- The Rupee increased by 1.9 percent this week. This is the biggest weekly rise against the dollar since the week ended on 21 December 2018.