Monday Market Highlights: On Monday, the Sensex and Nifty discontinued their last day’s negativity and ended in the green for the first trading day of the week. This positive trend was mainly accelerated by Nifty Smallcap 100 index & broader markets. The Sensex closed at, 38,417 points, 60 points higher than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,375 points with a gain of 41 points. During the last trading day (Friday), the Sensex closed 634 points lower at 38,857 points, while the Nifty decreased by 194 points to close at 11,334.
Read below for Monday Market info-
Stock Market: Key highlights from Monday’s trading session: –
- The share market rallied on the positive side on the first day of the week.
- Nifty moved up by 41 points to end at 11,375.
- Sensex gained 60 points to finally stand at 38,417.
- Top-performing index: Nifty FMCG. It closed 0.61 percent higher.
- worst-performing index: Nifty Realty. It closed 1 percent lower.
- Top gainer of the Nifty50 index: Bharti Infratel, HDFC Life, Dr. Reddy’s Labs, ITC, and Hindustan Unilever.
- The top loser of the Nifty50 index: M&M, UPL, Bajaj Finance, GAIL, and NTPC
- During today’s session, IRCTC received a letter from Indian Railways related to additional trains starting from September 12. As per the sources, 14 new trains will run from September 12 on specific routes.
- The Indian currency closed in red on Monday. The rupee ended at 73.35 against the US dollar as compared to Friday’s close of 73.14.
- Axis Securities, a subsidiary of Axis Bank in India, called Aurobindo Pharma as stock ‘Pick of the Week’
- The share price of Aurobindo Pharma has increased by 190 percent from its 52-week low. The company recorded its 52 weeks high on August 10, 2020, on the BSE when the stocks of the company rallied Rs. 967.60 apiece.
- The shares of VA Tech Wabag rallied over half a percent lower to Rs. 197.45 apiece on the NSE.
- The share price of Vodafone Idea traded nearly 4 percent during the afternoon trade on Monday after it launched a unified brand “Vi”, marking the completion of the merger between two telecom companies.