Stock Market Highlights: On Thursday, the Sensex and Nifty discontinued their last day’s positivity and ended on a negative note. This negative trend was mainly dragged down by the financial stocks, RIL, and Bharti Airtel. The Sensex closed at, 38,990 points, 95 points lower than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,527 points with a loss of 7 points. During the last trading day (Wednesday), the Sensex closed 350 points higher at 39,250, while the Nifty increased by 100 points to close at 11,570.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Thursday’s trading session: –
- The share market rallied on the negative side on the fourth day of the week.
- Nifty moved down by 7 points to end at 11,527.
- Sensex lost 95 points to finally stand at 38,990.
- Nifty Bank Underperformed during today’s session, it slipped down by 344 Points to 23,531.
- Top gainer of the Nifty50 index: Bharti Infratel, Grasim, Titan, UPL, and Tech Mahindra
- Bharti Infratel posted Biggest One-day Gain In Six Months after it closed 4 percent down during yesterday’s session.
- The top loser of the Nifty50 index: Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Hindalco & Bharti Airtel
- The share of the Vodafone Idea increased by 30 percent during today’s session.
- The shares of Grasim also surged up by 7 percent.
- IT sector stocks and FMCG stocks covered the loss gap.
- The central government allowed the domestic airlines to start their operations, but with 60 percent capacity.
- Vodafone Idea the stock is trading up by 11 percent based on the media reports that retailer Amazon and Verizon.
- NBCC India and Election Commission of India signed an MoU together for planning, designing, and construction of official buildings.
- The automobile sector was seen coming back on track with some increase in its sale.
- Morgan Stanley picked non-banking financial companies for good returns.
- Hero MotoCorp, soon to take the majority of stakes in Ather Energy, a Bangalore based company. At present, it holds a 35 percent stake in the company.