Share Market: On Wednesday, the Sensex and Nifty continued their last day’s negativity and ended in the red for the third trading day of the week. This negative trend was mainly dragged by financial stocks. The Sensex closed at, 38,194 points, 171 points lower than the previous trading while Nifty closed at 11,278 points with a loss of 39 points. During the last trading day (Tuesday), the Sensex closed 52 points lower at 38,365 points, while the Nifty decreased by 37 points to close at 11, 317.
Stock Market: Key highlights from Wednesday’s trading session: –
- The share market continued their last day’s negativity and ended the negative side on the third day of the week. Mainly dragged financial stocks.
- Nifty moved down by 39 points to end at 11, 278 points.
- Sensex lost 171 points to finally stand at 38, 194 points.
- Financial stocks dragged the Sensex down.
- Some gains in the metal and pharma stocks tried to cover the losses.
- Nifty Bank dropped down by 2 percent. It slipped by 477 points to finally end at 22,267.
- In Nifty Bank only IndusInd Bank ended in the green. The rest of all other banks closed lower among which HDFC Bank & ICICI remained the Top Loser.
- Zee Ent moved up by 3 percent.
- Tata Motors ended in the red territory today.
- KV Kamath led expert committee found that almost Rs. 37.72 lakh crore of banking sector debt has been impacted by the coronavirus outbreak.
- The life insurance sector gained almost 15 percent to Rs. 27,000 crores in the month of August.
- The Indian rupee ended stronger at 73.53 per US dollar against Tuesday’s close of 73.59 per US dollar.
- Reddys Laboratories Ltd on Wednesday announced the launch of Remdesivir, meant for the treatment of COVID-19 patients, under a brand name ’Redux’ in India.
- CESC Q1 profit for FY21 increased by 28 percent to Rs. 44.8 crores.