A book named ‘His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama: An Illustrated Biography’, based on the life and times of the Tibetian spiritual leader Dalai Lama will be released in 2020 by the month of October.
Tenzin Geyche Tethong is the author of the book. He has been associated with Dalai Lamba for over 40 years and is one of his closest aides and advisor.
The book is published by Roli Books. It will also be published globally in other languages like Russian, German, Italian, and Dutch.
Why you should read ‘His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama: An Illustrated Biography’?
- The biography is an unforgettable portrait of the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso.
- Author, Tenzin Geyche Tethong took almost 5 years to write 352-pages of the book.
- The book also features a personal message by the leader.
- The book consists of around 400 unseen photographs and unpublished documents. It also holds a collection of archival material and memories of those close to him in order to portray a composite picture of his exile, his sympathetic mannerism, and the present troubled relationship with his homeland, Tibet.
- The book also takes us back and tell an important part of the history before he was forced to flee to India in March 1959.
Who is 14th Dalai Lama?
- The 14th was born on 6 July 1935 in Tibet. He is regarded as the successor in a line of tulkus who are believed to be incarnations of Avalokiteśvara.
- The 14th and current Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, lives as a refugee in India. At present, he lives in Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh. He fled from Tibet in 1959 at the age of 23.
- In 2014 and 2016 he said that Tibet wants to be the part of China only when China lets Tibet preserve its script and culture.
- In 2019 the 14th Dalai Lama spoke about his successor, he said after his death he is likely to be reincarnated on the land of India and warned that any Chinese interference in succession will stand invalid.