Delhi Metro New safety and precautions: As now Delhi Metro is planning to resume their services for the next month which is September 2020. The Delhi Metro Services was suspended in March 2020 because of COVID-19. DMRC (Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) has taken a decision that travelers now able to buy tokens for traveling in the metro. They also said no more than 50 people are not allowed in a single coach. It is 1/6th of the total passengers that travel in one coach.
Though DMRC has not officially confirmed the date to resume operations. They had said that they resume Metro services after the government issued the directions. Now the traveling through Delhi Metro will be much different then it was before COVID-19. DMRC also stated that before we have to start the metro we have to prepare our stations with full precaution and safety.
Safety and Precautions By Delhi Metro
- Delhi Metro has 10 lines with about 242 stations.
- These 242 stations have 642 gates. DMRC said that they will open only 257 gates out of 642 gates. This will work as a COVID-19 safety measure.
- DMRC also ensures that they will follow all the safety norms for protection from COVID-19.
- They will issue new smart cards with auto top-up facility and stickers of social distancing.
- And COVID-19 safety norms will be pasted on platforms floors and in the coaches of the metro.
- DMRC also ban the sale of tokens for a temporary period.
- Thermal scanning of all the passengers will be done by the CISF (Central Industries securities forces) Personnel.
- In a single coach, there is not more than 50 people are allowed.
- Hand sanitizers will be available at every platform
- Only 2 persons are allowed in Elevators
- Only 3 persons will be allowed and on escalators And they have to stand with a distance of 2.5 meters
- Arogya Setu app will be necessary on the phones of Passengers