Tamil Nadu lockdown extended: On 30th August 2020(Sunday), India’s COVID-19 case record has crossed over 35 lakhs with 78,761 new cases and 948 deaths in the last 24 hours.
According to the data given by the Health Ministry, the COVID -19 case tally stands at 35,42,734, out of which 7,65,302 are the active cases, 2,7,13,934 are the discharged, cured and the migrated cases and 63,498 are the deaths.
The DMRC services will resume from 7th September onwards but the schools, colleges, and other educational institutions will remain close.
The unlock 4 guidelines stated that no separate approval or permission will be required for any intrastate or interstate movement of goods and services and people. Also, the containment zones will continue to have a lockdown phase until 30th September.
Meanwhile, the CM of the Edappadi K Palani Swami announced a statewide lockdown on Sunday.
On Sunday(30th August), Tamil Nadu had 52,726 active cases and the total count of active cases was 3,55,727.
Tamil Nadu us the third COVID-19 worst-hit state in India with a 7,137 death toll on Sunday.
According to the Health Ministry, Tamil Nadu is among the 7 worst-hit states of India including- Maharashtra, Delhi, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, UP, and West Bengal. It accounts for about 81 percent of the total COVID-19 deaths.
According to the fresh guidelines of lock-down in the state, these are the allowed and restricted things:-
• All the places of worship, hotels, resorts will reopen from 1st September onwards.
• Intra-state bus services will resume from 1st September.
• Chennai metro services will resume from 7th September.
• All the shops outside the containment zones will be allowed to remain open till 8 pm.
• Industries, Government offices, banks are allowed to function normally with 100 percent staff( earlier just 50 percent was allowed).
• Though, all the workplaces are advised to carry the work from home, f possible.
• Some 50 incoming flights will be allowed to land at Chennai airport.
• some interstate trains with chosen routes are allowed.
• Film shooting with just 75 crew members and no spectators allowed.
- Everything will be followed by proper sanitation, sanitizing, social distancing, and strict mask rules.