Rapper Kanye West, a vocal supporter of Donald Trump, has formally announced on Saturday that he’s running for US president this year during a challenge to Trump.
Kanye West took to social media on US’s 244th Independence Day on Independence Day to share this news.
“We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision, and building our future. i’m running for president of the United States!” the Twitter post reads. He wrote this post on Twitter employing a hashtag #2020VISION.
However, it’s not yet clear if Kanye West is serious about contesting for the presidential elections just four months before the November 3 election or if he had filed any official paperwork to seem on state election ballots.
Anyhow, if he were to launch a campaign for the elections on November 3, he will go up against the US President Donald Trump, who he once supported, and Democratic rival Joe Biden, winning support from his friend and Tesla CEO Elon Musk.
- Kanye West tweeted on Saturday night about this contestation in USA presidential elections. “We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision, and building our future. i’m running for president of the United States! #2020VISION.”
- Musk response on his tweet:“You have my full support!”
- Wife Kim Kardashian publicly supported her husband by retweeting West’s statement and adding a U.S. flag emoji.
- Kanye West – West’s announcement shows that he’s looking to cement political ambitions he has expressed throughout Trump’s presidency.
- Earlier West verbally supported Trump and was captured wearing a signature Trump ‘Make America Great Again’ cap within the Oval Office in 2018.
- He once called Donald Trump his “brother” and hit back at criticism towards his support for the president, likening the backlash to racism .
- He also said he didn’t vote cast his choose 2016, however, later on, he said, “would have voted for Trump”.